There are many important benefits that successful DACA applicants can take advantage of. The main benefits of deferred action include:
- Protection from deportation;
- Ability to remain in the U.S. indefinitely as long as your status is renewed;
- Employment authorization to legally work;
- A social security number;
- Eligibility to obtain a driver’s license;
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships and financial aid;
- Eligibility to enroll in an employer-sponsored health insurance program for you and your family;
- Eligibility to travel internationally with a grant of advanced parole; and
- The ability to pursue both DACA and other visa options at the same time.
If you would like to benefit from the new deferred action laws, please contact our DACA lawyer at (919) 714-9779. We know the law, and we are here to help.