North Carolina Auto Accident Law Firm
How to Obtain a NC Crash Report
A NC Crash Report can be obtained by mail or in person at the Raleigh DMV Headquarters. Follow the instructions below for a step-by-step guide on how to obtain an accident report. For our clients, no need to worry about ordering the crash report, we will obtain this for you.
Certain crash reports can be obtained online. For example, Raleigh Police Department has a website for viewing crash reports at http://crash.raleighpd.org/
Request by Mail
Follow the steps below to request your NC accident report by mail:
1) Complete a Form TR-67 A (Crash Report Request Form),
2) Write a check for $5.00 made payable to “NCDMV”, and
3) Mail your completed Form TR-67 A (Crash Report Request Form) and $5.00 check to Traffic Records Branch, Crash Report Unit, 3105 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-3105.
Request at the DMV Headquaters
Follow the steps below to request your NC accident report in person:
1) Request crash report in person at the DMV Raleigh Headquaters located at 1100 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27697 (click here to get driving directions to DMV Raleigh Headquarters), and
2) Make a $5.00 payment at the DMV for the crash report by cash, or personal check or money order made payable to “NCDMV.”
Follow the links below to learn more: